Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Diet Sand Traps

I call them sand traps: the ravenous hunger for junk food that I feel at approximately 2:30 and 8:30 everyday. I imagine it's how smokers feel when they NEED to have a cigarette. So this raises a serious question - Am I addicted to junk food? I wouldn't be surprised to have a sugar addiction (most Americans do), except I don't always crave sugar; I also crave chips and other salty snacks. The idea of being addicted to anything (other than caffeine, which is totally sociably acceptable) makes me feel really crappy.

Anyhow, today I made it through most of the day staying within my point range of 21. Breakfast was an English Muffin (1 pt) with 1 tbsp Nutella (2.5 pts). Lunch was 3/8 c egg salad (6 pts) on two slices whole wheat bread (2 pts), two pickle spears for an afternoon snack (0 pts). Dinner wasn't as good. We had leftovers, so I had a 9 pt pasta dish and a little of an egg and sausage casserole...I don't know the points value of that one, but I know it put me over for the day.

All in all, not bad. I successfully navigated through my 2:30 binge - YAY! But I wasn't quite so lucky at the 8:30 binge. I started with animal crackers dipped in Nutella, which is actually kind of disgusting written down. It just shows you how much I'm craving sugar in any form. And that I steal my daughter's snacks. Then once I finished with my chocolate, I needed something salty, so I ate potato chips and pickles. Ugh...I don't know why I did that. A bad ending to an otherwise pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment