Saturday, January 2, 2010

First weigh in

I woke up, stood on the scale, and it wasn't pretty. I gained three pounds over Christmas, bringing me up to a whopping 131.7!!

Today's theme seemed to be about making choices. For breakfast I went for Cheerios and skim milk, measured out so to control portion size. Lunch was an unexpected meal out, and I think I made a fairly healthy choice with a turkey sandwich. Sure, it had mayo, cheese, and bread, but I did forgo the fries in exchange for a healthy salad with only a little dressing.

Things start to go downhill from there. In a fit of hunger, I downed two leftover Christmas cookies. On the upside, I usually would have eaten about five, but I stuck to two. Good for me. Dinner was at T.G.I.Friday's, possibly the least healthy eatery on the planet, but I went for a Right Portion, Right Price meal - Prime Rib Stroganoff - it was tasty and filling, but I'm sure it was also packed with fat, although I haven't looked at the nutritional information.

This is where it gets downright ugly: The Binge. Unfortunately, it was not followed by a purge. Three. Handfuls. of. Peanut. M&Ms. Yuck (Actually quite yummy). Anyway, I'm not proud of that. I think I'm addicted to sugar. Hopefully I'll have better willpower tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment